It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:28 pm
Change font size
The Gent's Club Rage-free Gaming!

Champion Chat

Jinx - Music Video

Post guides, ask for help on a specific champion, talk about nerfs and buffs and anything else champion related here.

Jinx - Music Video

Postby Mythinite » Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:36 am

So this was released... Am I the only one around here who doesn't have the hots for Jinx?

All hail to the tail!
Mythinite
TGC Founder

Re: Jinx - Music Video

Postby He Who Hungers » Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:50 am

That's actually a question I was wondering as well. I know there's quite a lot of LoL fanbois here in TGC, there's gotta be someone that can tell me what they actually see in Jinx...
As much as I try, I'm just unable to find one of her mechanics that I specifically like. It's all just same old. She kind of looks like a LoL version of HoN's Master of Arms, but of course, watered down about a million times, and they didn't seem to have time to think of an ultimate, so they just unstunned Ashe's ultimate and stuck it onto Jinx with duct tape.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not biased, I like the Joker theme, especially applied to a young girl who (I think) is supposed to be completely out of her mind. I like her for her personality, which I can safely say about her without implying something else. However, her mechanics, and even the way her skills are named just make her seem like a mix of Master of Arms, Ziggs, and Ashe's ulti. Looks to me Riot is trying to hit a new level of rock bottom with this champ.

A little bit more on-topic, didn't like the video, the music was allright though.

Is there anybody in TGC who likes Jinx, and can explain to me why?
Confucius wrote:The gentleman is modest in his speech, but exceeds in his actions.
He Who Hungers

Postby MrLebowski3 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:02 pm

I don't know if this is true for all of us Jinx fan boys, but in my specific case, its nothing about her kit that I like, it's her personality. Her entire character is built off this maniacal, carefree, anarchy seeking crazy person, that just doesn't care about anything in the world except having fun (and according to the lore, making fun of Vi).

The best thing I can compare it to (because they are so similar in character) would be ziggs. Ziggs just has a carefree attitude, that just makes you want to play him. From always laughing, to his maniacal smile whenever something explodes (which they often do with him around), he's just fun to play as.
I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.
MrLebowski3

Postby He Who Hungers » Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:17 pm

MrLebowski3 wrote:I don't know if this is true for all of us Jinx fan boys, but in my specific case, its nothing about her kit that I like, it's her personality. Her entire character is built off this maniacal, carefree, anarchy seeking crazy person, that just doesn't care about anything in the world except having fun (and according to the lore, making fun of Vi).

The best thing I can compare it to (because they are so similar in character) would be ziggs. Ziggs just has a carefree attitude, that just makes you want to play him. From always laughing, to his maniacal smile whenever something explodes (which they often do with him around), he's just fun to play as.

That's exactly my point, which is why I'm so disappointed that Riot fucked up that great personality so much. Maybe it's because I've taken to Dota 2 and HoN more, and I'm therefor used to heroes that are a bit more thought through, but still, even if you are a LoL fanboi, you can't possibly take this shadow of a champ and worship it like much of the LoL fanbois do?

At first I also liked the Joker way they seemed to want to go with her, but as soon as they revealed her kit, all hopes of that were shattered, and we were left with Ziggs with... no, Ziggs without boobs. You say you "like" her personality (I really don't understand your use of present tense here), but by copy/pasting Ziggs onto her, they are just taking away everything that was unique about either champ.

In the meanwhile, I didn't like the crazy personality on Ziggs, since it makes him look like less of a genius than is suggested in his lore, which is something I liked about him. Nevertheless, I still fail to understand how you can accept what Riot did to Jinx's concept.
Confucius wrote:The gentleman is modest in his speech, but exceeds in his actions.
He Who Hungers

Return to Champion Chat