It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:59 pm
Change font size
The Gent's Club Rage-free Gaming!

Front Page News

Server Funding

News from the website's front page can be discussed here.

Re: Server Funding

Postby Caridor » Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:07 am

I've decided to only fund half of this server.
The simple fact is that I look at how busy these forums aren't (no typo) and I honestly don't think the servers are going to be used very much, if at all.
And honestly, I'm debating putting that much in. I have money to spend, but not money to waste.
Caridor

Postby Krimson » Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:49 pm

Your moods swing wildly Caridor!

However that's fine to be honest, there's no point in running a server that people won't use, part of the process of fundraising helps us to find out how much interest there actually is in the project in the first place.

Whilst it'd be great to easily fund it with one or two people donating, it doesn't really give us any idea of how much use the server will really get.

Although, the side argument to that is that usually if you build it, people will come
Like a sir, Gentlife.

=|:3
Krimson
TGC Founder

Postby Caridor » Mon May 13, 2013 12:22 pm

Krimson wrote:Your moods swing wildly Caridor!

However that's fine to be honest, there's no point in running a server that people won't use, part of the process of fundraising helps us to find out how much interest there actually is in the project in the first place.

Whilst it'd be great to easily fund it with one or two people donating, it doesn't really give us any idea of how much use the server will really get.

Although, the side argument to that is that usually if you build it, people will come

My moods only swing wildly when I'm happy, like now!
Or depressed, like now...
Or aroused...
OR ANGRY!!!!!!
Or sadistic....have I shown you the people in my basement? This guy gave up first blood...yes, that is his beating heart you can see.....
Caridor

Postby MrLebowski3 » Mon May 13, 2013 12:41 pm

I'm so glad we have such great, normal, not crazy homicidal killers in The Gents Club.... :P
I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.
MrLebowski3

Postby He Who Hungers » Tue May 14, 2013 12:38 am

In that case, allow me to not spoil your image of us by cancelling that tour of my place I was going to give you.
Confucius wrote:The gentleman is modest in his speech, but exceeds in his actions.
He Who Hungers

Postby Caridor » Tue May 14, 2013 5:28 am

MrLebowski3 wrote:I'm so glad we have such great, normal, not crazy homicidal killers in The Gents Club.... :P

Yes, I'm so glad someone fixed the sign.
We get all kinds of new prey since it stopped saying "St. Andrew's Asylum For The Genocidally Insane".
Now let me show you where you'll be bleeding.....I mean sleeping....no, I don't...
Caridor

Previous

Return to Front Page News