It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:48 pm
Change font size
The Gent's Club Rage-free Gaming!

Front Page News

Server Funding

News from the website's front page can be discussed here.

Server Funding

Postby Mythinite » Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:33 pm

Hello Gentlemen!

With the new website finally live, we are once more looking into launching our own game server. The server would run Minecraft plus one other game of choice as we need it (TF2, ARMA 2/3, Terraria etc). It is also likely we would be able to run our own Mumble server, saving us a bit of money on that front.

To make this a reality we need your support. We are looking at a monthly expense of at least €40. This has to be covered by recurring donations from our community. In order to make this work, we need enough volunteers to pay at least €5/month each. In addition, since running the server will rely on this constant donation stream, we require that you pay three months in advance. This will give us enough of a financial buffer to find new supporters and keep the server running even if people stop donating without warning.

If you are interested in making this server a reality with us, please sign up below, including the monthly amount you accept to donate. If you wish to donate anonymously, you are free to sign up via private message to Mythinite.

Once we reach the target €40/month and get the subscriptions set up, it is our goal to have the server up and running in 4-6 weeks.
Mythinite
TGC Founder

Re: Server Funding

Postby He Who Hungers » Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:42 am

Afraid I'm going to have to bail on this. Apart from the fact that I don't actually play any of the mentioned games, I'm still siphoning off 2 governments atm, and with the amount of money I'm spending on MTG as of late, I'm not going to be able to make extra expenses on this front :)
Confucius wrote:The gentleman is modest in his speech, but exceeds in his actions.
He Who Hungers

Postby Caridor » Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:38 am

The only thing stopping me from funding the bejebus out of this (its like 3 hours wages for me) is the doubts about how much actual use it would get.
I mean, if people are going to use it, then I'll sign on the dotted line. But if its going to be like 3 people, then it's just not worth it.
Caridor

Postby Mythinite » Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:01 pm

Caridor wrote:The only thing stopping me from funding the bejebus out of this (its like 3 hours wages for me) is the doubts about how much actual use it would get.
I mean, if people are going to use it, then I'll sign on the dotted line. But if its going to be like 3 people, then it's just not worth it.

Build it and they will come. :)
All hail to the tail!
Mythinite
TGC Founder

Postby Mafaias » Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:38 am

If it helps, I will play minecraft with you a few hours until we have builded a nice temple for me.
Like A Gentleman.
Mafaias

Postby Justice Elonysis » Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:38 pm

I wanna use it but sadly no moneys D:
Poor students :p

One time Bob messed up and accidentally bought two boots in a game. When one of his teammates started raging, he just said "two feet two boots"
Justice Elonysis

Postby Caridor » Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:10 am

Ok, let me talk to my sister.
Shes at uni and I suspect is in money troubles and may need my help. If she's not, I'll fund the whole thing.

I'm already making plans for a giant, public use omni farm.....
Caridor

Postby Mafaias » Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:47 pm

Just don't do it for me :/

I won't play much minecraft since I already have played it so much in the past.
Like A Gentleman.
Mafaias

Postby Caridor » Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:55 am

Ok, where do I sign? To fund the whole thing?
I have no friends, dirt cheap living costs and a well paying job so yeah, 40 euros a month isn't a big deal.
Caridor

Postby MrLebowski3 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:52 am

Caridor wrote:Ok, where do I sign? To fund the whole thing?
I have no friends, dirt cheap living costs and a well paying job so yeah.

Good Guy Caridor :D
I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.
MrLebowski3

Next

Return to Front Page News