It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:41 pm
Change font size
The Gent's Club Rage-free Gaming!

Front Page News

Winter Holiday Contest 2016

News from the website's front page can be discussed here.

Winter Holiday Contest 2016

Postby Mythinite » Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:36 am

The contest has ended and the winners announced below.

------------------------------

Season-appropriate greetings Gentlemen!

Another year has passed and it is once more time for the Winter Holiday Contest. This year we will take a closer look at who has been naughty and who has been nice.

The Challenge:
One of your favorite characters wrote a letter to Santa. Which character? What did they wish for? What did Santa give them instead? Why?

The character must be from a game we have played in TGC, and you must answer all four parts of the challenge.

We will pick 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners. The prize pool will be chosen based on the number of entries. You can expect TGC merchandise, and the first place winner will also receive a batch of Mythinite's homemade cookies.

To participate, submit your entry to Mythinite either via forum PM, Discord DM, or email. Entries must be submitted by December 24th 2016 and the winners will be announced around the 31st. One entry per contestant. Entries will be judged by the TGC staff. Therefore, staff are ineligible for entry. All entries will be published following the announcement of the winners.

If you have any questions or need clarification of the rules, feel free to ask. We have final say in any disputes.

See the 2015 contest, winners and prizes here.

If you don't feel like writing a letter to Santa, don't worry! The TGC Holiday Raffle is live and as usual you can win TGC merchandise there as well!
Mythinite
TGC Founder

Winter Holiday Contest 2016 - Winners

Postby Mythinite » Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:41 pm

Our team once more worked hard to bring you the voting results. We are happy to announce the winners of the Winter Holiday Contest 2016!

3rd Place
By Raureș 778
Prize: TGC Badass Bandana* OR half a batch of Authentic Myth Cookies**

Zed wanted sunglasses for Christmas, because cool guys don't look at explosions (his ult), but instead got winter gloves, so they would help him with snowballing. : D

2nd Place
By Blue Kat
Prize: TGC Mug* (black or white) OR half a batch of Authentic Myth Cookies**

Dear Santa,
this is Gandhi. As always I’d like nothing more than another nuclear warhead this year! I want cockroaches to be the world’s new overlords, but there’s still a few human settlements in the way. Much appreciated.

Dear Gandhi,
you have done great volunteering work for the preservation and cultivation of cockroaches this year. Unfortunately our nuclear warheads are out of stock; we’ve been delivering them to you for the last 20 years and production is slacking. For that, I apologise. I have instead decided to have explosives of all varieties delivered to you. I grant you that they are not as efficient, but my suggestion is that you use them to blow up all the warehouses with insecticides in them that these ruthless coackroach haters use! As a small consolation I can tell you I have made preparations for next year’s Christmas. I have contacted Donald Trump and it seems he seems keen on selling some of his nuclear arsenal once he’s in office. So it’s not all doom and gloom!
Santa

1st Place
By Eglantine
Prize: TGC Official T-shirt* AND a full batch of Authentic Myth Cookies**

Dear Santa,
I am writing to you because I am a little fishappointed this year, even though the holiday season brought me much cheer. To see Braum and his Rudolph poros frolicking around the rift, just had me hoping for a greater gift. I have worked so hard to keep my ADCs afloat, declining any surrender vote. Whenever they got it in any trouble, I caught whoever tried to harm them in my bubble. And when my waves came crashing, our foes all started flashing. All year I’ve been so selfless, determined to save the helpless. Yet, despite my enormous efforts to be a good fish, I feel like you refuse to grant me my one wish. I asked if I could spend Christmas dinner amongst my human friends, far away from oceans and river bends. But much to my surprise, the tides did not change at sunrise. Instead I found a picture stuffed inside my stocking, with on it an image I found very shocking. It was my friends on Christmas Eve, ALL EATING SUSHI I believe. If this is some kind of joke, then I think it’s time that you awoke. While I may be a small fish in the sea, I would like to be taken seriously. So Santa, will you please tell me, why do you make me suffer so horribly?
Much love and fishes,
A very disgruntled Nami

The very next day, Nami found a bottle floating in the ocean and upon opening it read the following note: “OMG KS! N00b support! Report for feeding!!1!!” Immediately clarity dawned on her and everything made sense. Santa is a Vayne main.

Congratulations to the winners and thank you very much to all participants as well as our judges. See you for the TGC Holiday Raffle 2016 drawing in January!

If you too want some of that cool TGC merchandise, visit our shop here.

*All TGC merchandise prizes can be exchanged for other TGC merchandise items of equal or lower value.
**Choice of triple chocolate chip brownie OR white chocolate chip cranberry.
Mythinite
TGC Founder

Re: Winter Holiday Contest 2016

Postby Mythinite » Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:53 pm

Mythinite
TGC Founder

Return to Front Page News