It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:29 pm
Change font size
The Gent's Club Rage-free Gaming!

Custom Game Modes

Game Mode: Protect the Taric (PTT)

Learn about custom game modes, discuss rules and matches, or invent your own!

Game Mode: Protect the Taric (PTT)

Postby Krimson » Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:05 pm

Hey guys, whilst watching the Walking Dead I thought I'd use this time to formally document the most excellent game mode, Protect the Taric. It's tipped to be the next game mode for competitive league of legends! P_-

Protect the Taric.

The object of Protect the Taric is to keep your team's Taric Bot alive whilst killing the enemies Taric Bot. Extra points are earned by having your Taric Bot kill enemy players, or best of all the coveted Taric on Taric kill.

Setup and Rules

Protect the Taric is played 2 v 2 in a custom game on Summoner's Rift. One Taric bot should be added to each team. Players can pick any champions except those in the global ban list. Usually both Taric bot's will go to bottom lane so the game is generally played out there.

Scoring

There are four ways to score points.

Killing an enemy player - 1 point

Killing the enemy Taric Bot - 5 points

Friendly Taric Bot kills an enemy - 25 points

Friendly Taric Bot kills the enemy Taric Bot - 50 points

The first team to score 200 points wins the game.

Tips and Tricks

Select one person to keep track of the scoring, it can be hard to do on the fly, make sure you update the current scores in all chat.

Currently there's no ban list, we just haven't played it enough, but comment if you think there's any super OP champs that should be forbidden.

Currently no summoner spells are banned either, again this may need to be reviewed.

That's all I can think of for the moment, nice and simple! If there's anything else I'll add it in when I think of it.
Like a sir, Gentlife.

=|:3
Krimson
TGC Founder

Re: Game Mode: Protect the Taric (PTT)

Postby Mythinite » Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:42 am

I think 200 points is a bit much. The game will drag on forever if you can't get your Taric Bot to kill anyone. A lower bar of say 50 points seems more reasonable, and allows for the coveted bot-on-bot-insta-win-kill. :)
All hail to the tail!
Mythinite
TGC Founder

Re: Game Mode: Protect the Taric (PTT)

Postby Krimson » Tue May 27, 2014 11:02 pm

Just played a game with the updated bots that flash and ignite, it's even more awesome!

Taric will flash ignite for kills now, making it an even more exciting game!
Like a sir, Gentlife.

=|:3
Krimson
TGC Founder

Return to Custom Game Modes