Change font size
The Gent's Club Rage-free Gaming!

Minecraft

Private server

General Minecraft Area, and Signups

Private server

Postby Mythinite » Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:21 pm

Howdy gents

Since we don't have our own Minecraft server at the moment, I'm sort of running one at home. Capacity is limited and it's only online when I am, which is most evenings/nights in Europe. Also, the server is running Feed The Beast Unleashed so you'll need that...

Drop me a PM with your Minecraft username if you're interested.
All hail to the tail!
Mythinite
TGC Founder

Re: Private server

Postby Mythinite » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:50 pm

There's now five of us playing and it's fun! :D
All hail to the tail!
Mythinite
TGC Founder

Postby MrLebowski3 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:51 am

In theory, we could have more...just not all on at the same time :/

Oh wells...anyone wanna trade something for diamonds? or Iron...i only have a little :P
I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.
MrLebowski3

Postby Caridor » Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:28 am

FTB unleashed.....
That's the one without redpower right?
Oh thank god... The problem with redpower is it makes me build a catapiller mining engine, which more often than not, expands the world to rediculous sizes and eats people's homes. I can't help it! It whispers in my dreams...I must destroy everything, right down to bedrock, in that direction specifically.

Once I get my new computer, one that can actually run it, I'll jump on, set up some kind of bee-breedery to get all that delicious bee stuff for everyone.
I assume this has forestry?
Caridor

Postby Mythinite » Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:44 pm

I have ordered an upgrade of my Internet connection which should give me a 5 Mbit upload, plenty for everyone to enjoy Minecraft! :D
All hail to the tail!
Mythinite
TGC Founder

Postby MrLebowski3 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:55 am

Whatta guy Myth! Getting better internets just for us!

If I could ever get a better computer, I'd say I should host it while I'm at school, cause we have a base of 10Mb/s...but my crappy school laptop can barely run minecraft :(
I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.
MrLebowski3

Postby Caridor » Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:53 pm

This is the major problem with minecraft: It can sometimes bring even the highest spec gaming PC to it's knees.

Great game but if they could make it in it's own engine rather than Java, the world would rejoice.
Caridor

Postby MrLebowski3 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:05 pm

You are just a negative nancy, aren't you Caridor :(
MrLebowski3

Postby Mythinite » Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:20 pm

Due to a dead router, the server will be offline until Wednesday at the earliest. My apologies.
All hail to the tail!
Mythinite
TGC Founder

Postby Caridor » Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:44 am

I had no idea that bee breeding was so difficult in this game.
I've got a stable genome of imperial bees, producing quite alot of Royal Jelly but trying to breed resiliant bees is a pain in the [teemo] .
They keep regressing into tolerant bees, actually going a step back from the robust bees :(

My plan is to make industrious bees so I can make pollen, so I can make Alvearies so I can use mutators to speed up the process.

Incidently though, I have discovered a fairly easy way of generating an incredible amount of power.
Spoiler:
A tier 5 Blaze soul gem suspended about 20 blocks over water. The blazes spawn, fall down and die in the water, leaving the blaze rods able to be collected with obsidian pipes and fed into generators. I'm currently running 36 generators constantly, through the use of logistics pipes. You can then use electric engines to hook up to redstone conduits to power MJ based machines. Don't use stirling engines for this because they can blow up.

Also, for those who don't know, a coke oven is a very nice thing for early power generation.
You make it out of bricks and sand to make sandy bricks and then you can stick coal in it to yield coal coke (which seems to be as effective as 4 coal each) and creosote oil (which can be used for fuel and various bee related stuff). And it's all free.

Edit: .......and I broke my world, just as I started to make some progress thanks to expensive genetic machines.
Caridor

Return to Minecraft