It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:27 pm
Change font size
The Gent's Club Rage-free Gaming!

Minecraft

Server Funding

General Minecraft Area, and Signups

Server Funding

Postby Ryulin » Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:09 pm

This is basically an interest thread, if I gets a good response I'll sort out something a bit more formal.

I'm looking to find out how many people would help contribute to Minecraft sever costs.

The main thing is though, I ONLY want people who consider themselves regular funders to reply. Whether this is weekly monthly or 'other' I don't mind, only that you would be willing to commit for a reasonable period (and would be willing to give reasonable notice beforehand if you ever decided to stop paying).
I don't want occasional donators to reply to thins thread - we do value these donations (so fee free to at any time) but I am asking for regulars at the moment.

If you can donate, please say below how much you would be willing to play and how often.

If we get more than needed, we will do one of two things:

A) Most probable:
People will not pay the full amount they stated, just what we need.

B) Unlikely:
Buy a bigger server. Unlikely as...why get it if not needed? Probably only move 'up' as the community grows and requires it.

P.S. This is currently only for a game server, so does not include website/mumble/anything else.
~Ryulin
Ryulin
TGC Founder

Re: Server Funding

Postby Kab00se » Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:39 pm

Ryulin wrote:A) Most probable:
People will not pay the full amount they stated, just what we need.

B) Unlikely:
Buy a bigger server. Unlikely as...why get it if not needed? Probably only move 'up' as the community grows and requires it.

C. Save excess money for next month?
~ Chance favors the prepared mind.

Kab00se
Community Moderator

Postby Ryulin » Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:43 pm

If everyone commits constantly as asked in the question there should always be enough for next month.
That aside I would ask for a tiny bit more than needed each month to build a pot, that way if someone stopped there would be a buffer while finding more donors.
~Ryulin
Ryulin
TGC Founder

Postby Mythinite » Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:04 pm

That's not a lot of interest, or are you all waiting for someone else to go first?

Fine, fine...

I pledge to match any donations made by you fine gentlemen up to a monthly combined total equal to the server costs.
All hail to the tail!
Mythinite
TGC Founder

Postby Tuuduu » Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:07 pm

Well, if we get a minecraft server, what kind of server is it going to be? A premium one? Or a server also for the people who didnt bought Minecraft [gangplank] (me). If its going to be a Premium server I will not play and ofcourse i won't pay for the server.
Tuuduu

Postby H4ndy » Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:19 pm

Tuuduu wrote:A premium one?

You mean a real, original server which hasn't been hacked to allow any sort of troll and pirate on it?

@Topic: Since I don't play Minecraft that often anymore (and if I play, then only Survival/Hardcore) I won't profit much from a community server :/
Gentlemen for informational technology and coffee.
H4ndy

Postby Justice Elonysis » Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:40 am

H4ndy wrote:
Tuuduu wrote:A premium one?

You mean a real, original server which hasn't been hacked to allow any sort of troll and pirate on it?

No, a one where you people with free accounts can go on or w/e it is. So they don't have to buy the game to play on the server. And IF you would get a server like Tuuduu says you can still protect it from those or not allow them on it.
:-).

One time Bob messed up and accidentally bought two boots in a game. When one of his teammates started raging, he just said "two feet two boots"
Justice Elonysis

Postby Krimson » Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:42 pm

You fools should've bought MC when it was like 4 euros like i did!
Like a sir, Gentlife.

=|:3
Krimson
TGC Founder

Postby Ryulin » Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:36 pm

The "free" one is a completely different version of the game - it was branched off the main game back in the alpha stage and no more was done to it. It lacks nearly all the functionality of the main game so it is unlikely that we would run that version (and I mean very unlikely).

Don't take offence from this:
While you are feeling too "cheap" to buy the game (that's pretty epic), the server will be costing 2 - 3 times the game price per month to run...so the people donating will get first priority on what is run and happens.

Not that we actually have much interest when it comes to looking at a real solution...everyone wants to play and no-one wants to pay...
~Ryulin
Ryulin
TGC Founder

Postby Telamonn » Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:30 pm

I can't see any specific numbers, but I can give about £10 per month
Telamonn

Next

Return to Minecraft