It is currently Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:23 pm
Change font size
The Gent's Club Rage-free Gaming!

Club General Chat

Storywriting RPG, anyone?

A chat for Club stuff that isn't directly related to a game.

Re: Storywriting RPG, anyone?

Postby CorruptDictator » Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:53 pm

Okay... now where is my drink? =P
“your body is not a temple, it's an amusement park. Enjoy the ride.”
― Anthony Bourdain, Kitchen Confidential
CorruptDictator

Postby Albelius » Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:46 am

There's the drink and a little extra! The other tavernmaiden is also a NPC, just gave her a name. ;)
Victory is shallow if the enemy is insulted, defeat is satisfying if the enemy respects you.
Albelius

Postby shredfreak » Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:44 pm

any room for a vampire? [teemo]

I always end up rp'ing either tremere or even malkavian templates when possible though lol
shredfreak

Postby CorruptDictator » Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:53 pm

If you want to be a vampire, well I guess that is your option as long as no one feels that is does not fit into the world we have started telling a story in (does not bother me personally as long as you do not get silly with it). However, this is not a VTM campaign. A vampire would be interested in the idea of a creature that sustains itself from blood, but without being "magical" (although being stronger after fresh meal would make sense in my mind).

Even though I did not define it, the players so far are treating more along the lines of low fantasy (from my pov), possibly with a few unnatural elements (one RP is already from the aspect of something not "normal"). That would be fine by me as I am not a huge fan of dealing with magic in a story like this.
CorruptDictator

Postby Firellius » Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:55 pm

CorruptDictator wrote:Even though I did not define it, the players so far are treating more along the lines of low fantasy (from my pov), possibly with a few unnatural elements (one RP is already from the aspect of something not "normal"). That would be fine by me as I am not a huge fan of dealing with magic in a story like this.

Ahem. I have a furry midget Geomancer resting in the woods.

Who might make his way over to the tavern to join in at a later point in time.

(I have a great idea about how to break up the fight that I think is upcoming)
Firellius

Postby CorruptDictator » Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:04 pm

A furry midget still could fit in lower fantasy, and no where have you established any sort of "geomancer" ability thus far. Your "magical" stick could even be a remnant of ancient lost technology (which would make for an awesome setting really). I go off what i read and in the case of your stick how my mind interprets it.
CorruptDictator

Postby He Who Hungers » Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:25 pm

Firellius wrote:Ahem. I have a furry midget Geomancer resting in the woods.

Who might make his way over to the tavern to join in at a later point in time.

(I have a great idea about how to break up the fight that I think is upcoming)

You'd better get off my turf if you're planning to piss off my friends.
Confucius wrote:The gentleman is modest in his speech, but exceeds in his actions.
He Who Hungers

Postby shredfreak » Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:27 pm

CorruptDictator wrote:If you want to be a vampire, well I guess that is your option as long as no one feels that is does not fit into the world we have started telling a story in (does not bother me personally as long as you do not get silly with it). However, this is not a VTM campaign. A vampire would be interested in the idea of a creature that sustains itself from blood, but without being "magical" (although being stronger after fresh meal would make sense in my mind).

Even though I did not define it, the players so far are treating more along the lines of low fantasy (from my pov), possibly with a few unnatural elements (one RP is already from the aspect of something not "normal"). That would be fine by me as I am not a huge fan of dealing with magic in a story like this.

That's the pitfall basicly, and it's very annoying really to the point i simply quit (along with the rest of my guild) age of conan on the rp server.

For some obscure reason it royally pisses of so called 'rpers' that a character is immortal & feeds on blood. Every other aspect of that gets completely ignored. While in Vtm, the immortal part & feeding on blood get completely ignored lmao.

I can probably twist a malkavian or tremere to fit a silvari actually. Since i'll be definatly rolling a char like that anyways, will have to read into silvari but i'm quite sure you can use the character templates of vtm to fit all gw2 races/professions.

I'll go malk & focus on the insanity part. :twisted:
shredfreak

Postby He Who Hungers » Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:30 pm

shredfreak wrote:That's the pitfall basicly, and it's very annoying really to the point i simply quit (along with the rest of my guild) age of conan on the rp server.

For some obscure reason it royally pisses of so called 'rpers' that a character is immortal & feeds on blood. Every other aspect of that gets completely ignored. While in Vtm, the immortal part & feeding on blood get completely ignored lmao.

I can probably twist a malkavian or tremere to fit a silvari actually. Since i'll be definatly rolling a char like that anyways, will have to read into silvari but i'm quite sure you can use the character templates of vtm to fit all gw2 races/professions.

I'll go malk & focus on the insanity part. :twisted:

I personally would have nothing against that, I enjoy everyone seeing their own way, and if immortality is a part of that, so be it. This isn't a contest, is it? It's an adventure we embark on together. (incoming gay seals)
Confucius wrote:The gentleman is modest in his speech, but exceeds in his actions.
He Who Hungers

Postby CorruptDictator » Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:37 pm

You want to be an immortal vampire, I do not really care, I just thought a non-standard approach would be more entertaining. I like to throw out suggestions. Just fit in and maintain the tone that people have already established. Currently, there are essentially two "areas" where RPs are taking place (not counting whatever the hell is sleeping) and you are always free to ignore that. In the overall, however, it will always make the story go better when players group up and play off one another.
CorruptDictator

PreviousNext

Return to Club General Chat