It is currently Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:56 am
Change font size
The Gent's Club Rage-free Gaming!

Heroes of Newerth

First steps towards HoN

Talk about anything Heroes of Newerth related here!

First steps towards HoN

Postby He Who Hungers » Mon May 07, 2012 9:31 am

(To the admins: This was the place I thought the thread should belong, as it wasn't LoL related, yet also not quite off-topic, if you think it should belong somewhere else, pray you move it, or let me know to post it there)

Greetings, my fellow gentlemen

With the Club's plans of expanding into other games, such as the NA servers and Minecraft, I took the lead in attempting to plant a seed of The Gent's Club in a place much more needy of it than LoL: Heroes of Newerth. While this game is well known to have a community that is orders of magnitudes worse still than LoL's, the game does have more moderation tools than LoL in the form of a clan system. While non of the people I have currently spoking to remotely had any interest in HoN, there might be players like me who enjoy both LoL and HoN and might be interested in a HoN section of the Club. I posted a thread about it on the HoN forums here http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/showt ... st15094906. Should you play HoN, please bump the thread every now and again, so I can properly gauge how much support there would be for a HoN section of the Club.

If I could gain enough support, more concrete steps can be taken towards a HoN Gent's Club.

'Gards,

Jesper - He Who Hungers
Confucius wrote:The gentleman is modest in his speech, but exceeds in his actions.
He Who Hungers

Re: First steps towards HoN

Postby DudeMcdude » Mon May 07, 2012 9:36 am

i respect the fact your trying to expand the gents club but i cant help but think maybe this may not work,due to the high hostility between LoL and HoN players its would be hard to moderate and would only create problems,i myself liked HoN graphic were really epic but im not really used to the whole old school Dota scene denying and the like,anywho like the idea but i dont think it would work but just my two cents i could be totally wrong ^^
DudeMcdude

Postby He Who Hungers » Mon May 07, 2012 10:21 am

Thanks for your opinion, Dude. You might be right, yet as a relatively active player of both LoL and HoN I think the hostility between the games is highly overrated, and I see no reason why, if TGC is to expand into other games, it shouldn't be able to expand into HoN as well. Then again, you are right, my reconcilation of the two different games might be rarely seen among other players, but that's what I made the thread for, to see if there are HoN players interested. Still, I think that the audience we are aiming for in TGC is not the kind of audience that would turn down a Club like this because "it also has a section of a game I don't like". Again, thanks for your opinion and let's see how it goes ^^
Confucius wrote:The gentleman is modest in his speech, but exceeds in his actions.
He Who Hungers

Postby Ryulin » Mon May 07, 2012 3:32 pm

I don't think there should be any inter-game hostility in TGC.
I'd like to wonder if anyone with that sort of attitude has a place in TGC at all?
~Ryulin
Ryulin
TGC Founder

Postby He Who Hungers » Mon May 07, 2012 3:35 pm

That's what I've set out to find out. So far only one positive reaction. HoN playerbase is even worse than I thought.
He Who Hungers

Postby Justice Elonysis » Mon May 07, 2012 5:00 pm

Think I'll try HoN but not that much as LoL though.

He Who Hungers wrote:While this game is well known to have a community that is orders of magnitudes worse still than LoL's

Loled hard, also eatsyourhead in Hon? :P

One time Bob messed up and accidentally bought two boots in a game. When one of his teammates started raging, he just said "two feet two boots"
Justice Elonysis

Postby He Who Hungers » Mon May 07, 2012 5:13 pm

Justice Elonysis wrote:Think I'll try HoN but not that much as LoL though.

He Who Hungers wrote:While this game is well known to have a community that is orders of magnitudes worse still than LoL's

It's a fine game, I'm not going to say which one is better, as I enjoy both games in their own way.

Im afraid I dont quite get your last comment though :P Is my name conflicting or specifically compatible with the idea that the community is bad? xD
He Who Hungers

Postby Justice Elonysis » Mon May 07, 2012 7:02 pm

He Who Hungers wrote:
Justice Elonysis wrote:Think I'll try HoN but not that much as LoL though.

It's a fine game, I'm not going to say which one is better, as I enjoy both games in their own way.

Im afraid I dont quite get your last comment though :P Is my name conflicting or specifically compatible with the idea that the community is bad? xD

In the HoN link, the creator of the topic is called eatsyourhead? First time ever I see a name like that, and your lol name makes a bit more sense now. :p

One time Bob messed up and accidentally bought two boots in a game. When one of his teammates started raging, he just said "two feet two boots"
Justice Elonysis

Postby He Who Hungers » Mon May 07, 2012 7:30 pm

Justice Elonysis wrote:In the HoN link, the creator of the topic is called eatsyourhead? First time ever I see a name like that, and your lol name makes a bit more sense now. :p

Ah I see, of course you couldn't know :P Yeh He Who Hungers was taken so I just went for a name that sounded funny and pointless at the same time. Though actually the name He Who Hungers isn't related to Eatsyourhead at all. Eatsyourhead was just something off the top of my mind, and He Who Hungers was based on a card in Magic the Gathering: http://static.starcitygames.com/sales/c ... ungers.jpg
He Who Hungers

Postby H4ndy » Mon May 07, 2012 9:39 pm

hmmm Kamigawa block, enjoyed it a lot, some nice new mechanics introduced. /Offtopic
Gentlemen for informational technology and coffee.
H4ndy

Next

Return to Heroes of Newerth